Thank you for your interest in Deutsch Kerrigan. Today we continue the tradition established by our founders by interviewing and hiring individuals who share our dedication to client service. We seek talented candidates who have demonstrated an ability to excel academically, professionally and socially.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer an excellent benefits package. At Deutsch Kerrigan, all persons, without regard to race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, family status, or cultural background, are welcomed and encouraged to participate at every level of firm functioning.
Marine & Energy Paralegal
Deutsch Kerrigan is currently seeking a paralegal for its Marine & Energy department. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without requested reasonable accommodations:
- Researches law, investigates facts and independently prepares documents to assist attorneys with matters.
- Summarizes complex legal documents
- Organizes and indexes case files
- Determines and calendars deadlines
- Performs a wide variety of legal research and data compilation with little or no supervision
- Prepares reports, correspondence, declarations and complaints
- Drafts a variety of legal documents
- Prepares affidavits or documents and maintains document file
- Prepares for mediations and trials
- Assists Attorneys at trial and in preparation for depositions
- Communicates with witnesses and experts
- Enters billing and expense data into the Firm system in a timely manner
- 5+ years of paralegal experience in litigation.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Westlaw, Document Management System, expense and billing systems.
- Must possess superior analytical skills with the ability to mine and collect data for cases.
- Must be willing to commit to additional hours when necessary to reach Firm objectives.
If you are interested in growing with us, we'd like to hear from you. Please send us your cover letter and resume to Markell Currault-Holmes, Human Resources Director.
Deutsch Kerrigan LLP
755 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Send email to Markell Currault-Holmes