Deutsch Kerrigan attorneys have handled numerous types of transportation cases, including:
- Commercial aviation carrier cases such as the 1975 Eastern Airlines crash in New York, the 1982 Pan Am crash in Kenner, Louisiana, and many personal injury and theft cases.
- Helicopter crashes and related death, personal injury and other general aviation incidents.
- Railroad/bus terminal incidents.
- 18 wheeler incidents, including collision, product defect, toxic spill, and phantom injury cases.
- Motorcycle, golf cart and bicycle product cases.
- Coverage questions such as bobtail/deadhead coverage issues, environmental coverage issues, and coverage questions under groundskeepers' policies in connection with truck explosions that result in environmental claims.
We represent trucking companies, commercial aviation companies, manufacturers of transportation products, rental car companies and insurers and numerous insurance companies.
Deutsch Kerrigan’s attorneys also regularly consult transportation industry participants and their insurers on a host of issues, including those pertaining to U.S. Department of Transportation and other federal regulations; new case law; the impact of environmental laws and regulations; insurance coverage; the formation of contracts; and the application of anti-indemnity laws to contractual relationships.
When transportation industry participants and their insurers need assistance to navigate the highways and byways of litigation or regulation, they rely on Deutsch Kerrigan’s beacon of guidance to illuminate the route to the desired destination.